The 2016 FNAME Creative Excellence Awards will open and begin accepting entries on Monday, May 23, 2016. The contest deadline is Friday, July 15, 2016. The contest is open to all Florida Newspaper Advertising and Marketing Executive members, in good standing, whose dues are current by date of contest entry. Entries must have been published between June 1, 2015 and May 31, 2016.
Entries this year will be submitted using the BetterBNC online contest platform. In order for your newspaper to enter, you will need to first set up an account. Fill out this form to submit your account information (please do not wait until the contest deadline to submit this form – accounts may take one business day to approve). You must designate one person to submit the entries for your paper. The account will be tied to their email address.
- The contest is open to all FNAME newspaper members in good standing and must be created by a FNAME newspaper. Not a member? Register at http://fname.org/memberinformation.asp
- All entries must be original pieces and have been published between June 1, 2015 and May 31, 2016.
- All entries must include the submission of the entire newspaper page on which the ad originally appeared.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit per category.
- Ads published in newspaper magazines are excluded from all categories except Category 9 – Best Color Ad.
- Agency ads and ready-made ads from services are ineligible.
- If a publishing group creates an ad or promotion that runs in more than one of its papers, and its papers are entered in different circulation divisions, the group must submit the entry under the publication with the highest circulation.
Submit creative in one of these three Groups based on ABC or CAC Sunday circulation numbers for the period ending December 31, 2015.
- Group 1 circulation over 125,000
- Group 2 circulation of 50,001 to 125,000
- Group 3 circulation 50,000 and under
- Category 1: Display Advertising
Most creative ad featuring such areas as apparel, furniture, appliances, hardware, food and drug, florists or jewelry.
- Category 2: Business to Consumer/Business to Business
Best ad featuring financial, professional or educational services.
- Category 3: Health Care – Auto/Boating – Real Estate
Best ad featuring health care, auto/boating, or real estate. Health Care includes health care providers, including hospitals and nursing homes. Auto/Boating includes automotive or boat dealerships – new or used, repair services, auto aftermarket. Real Estate includes realtors, real estate developers, homebuilders, single or multi-advertiser.
- Category 4: Market Book/Collateral Material
Best market book, research piece, rate card, sales packet and/or other collateral promoting a newspaper or its market.
- Category 5: Special Section
Best in-paper special section with participation by one or more advertisers, regardless of merchandise.
- Category 6: Dining and Entertainment
Best ad featuring a restaurant, entertainment, travel or tourism.
- Category 7: Niche Publication
Best alternative product (editorial or advertorial) featuring a targeted demographic (seniors, health, women’s issues, parenting, etc.)
- Category 8: Inserts
Best web-print or press-fed insert designed for a single advertiser, for direct mail or in-paper, regardless of merchandise.
- Category 9 Updated!: Best Color Ad (Magazine only)
Best ad featuring spot or full color regardless of category. Only newspaper magazines are eligible to enter in this category.
- Category 10: Best Cover Design
Any special section.
- Category 11: Digital
Submit your best online ad or ad campaign.
- Category 12: Best Multi -Media Campaign
Integrated advertising campaign that includes:
Mobile • Online • Video • Niche Publications • Inserts/Circulars • ROP Other Media • Direct Mail Components.
- Category 13 New!: Best Newspaper Self-Promotion
Best house ad or self-promotion of your newspaper’s products or services.
Friday, September 30, 2016 • 7pm-10pm
- Awards will be presented in all 13 categories. Each category will be awarded a Gold FNAME Award for first place, a Silver Award Certificate for second place and a Bronze Award Certificate for third place. There will be no ties.
- Grand Awards will go to the newspaper in each circulation group that achieves the greatest number of points based on the number of awards. Gold = 10 Points • Silver = 5 Points • Bronze = 2 Points
- Best of Show – The Jay Weimar Award will be awarded to the best ad out of all groups & categories
Each entry is $12. Entry fees must be submitted or postmarked by July 15, 2016. Make checks payable to the Florida Press Association. Submit completed payment form to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (850) 577-3604
Mail: FNAME Creative Excellence Awards
610 Crescent Executive Ct., Ste. 112
Lake Mary, FL 32746
HOW TO ENTER
Entry period: May 23 – July 15, 2016
- Step 1: Fill out the account information form
- Step 2: Submit entries at www.betterbnc.com/FNAME and follow the online entry instructions.
Contact Christine Dugan at email@example.com or (321) 283-5256.