Copy Desk Editor/Paginator
Citrus County Chronicle
Crystal River, Florida
The Citrus County Chronicle in Crystal River, Fla., is seeking a Copy Desk Editor/Paginator. This full-time position is non-exempt and reports to the Editor. The work schedule is mainly nights from 2 p.m. – 11 p.m. and includes weekend work.
The Chronicle is a 7-day daily newspaper with an average circulation of 21,000 weekday and 26,000 on Sunday. Citrus County is located centrally on the west side of the state of Florida, approximately 1-½ hours northwest of Orlando and 1 hour north of Tampa. The Chronicle offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and paid time off benefits to full-time employees. The newspaper can be found online at www.chronicleonline.com.
• Position requires a four-year college diploma or equivalent 4 years’ experience working in a newsroom
• Proficiency in InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft software required
• Knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation and spelling that follows AP style
• Knowledge of or the ability to learn and operate the editorial computer system
• Customer service experience
• Commitment to customers through positive, enthusiastic and professional customer service
• Professional telephone manner
• Ability to represent the company in a professional manner
• Ability to communicate with customers, stringers and co-workers in a professional manner
• Ability to work in a well-structured, high stress, competitive environment
• Problem solving, analytical abilities and interpersonal skills required
• Ability to work primarily evening hours and frequent weekend shifts
• Edit or rewrite copy to ensure it is grammatically correct and follows AP style
• Import photos and stories from email into content management system
• Lay out pages for publication using InDesign
• Proofread team members’ pages
• Manage and plan content for publication
• Upload stories and update the website and social media avenues
• Communicate effectively with team and other department members
• Edit, slug and place news submissions, press releases and stories to various queues
Interested persons should apply to:
Mike Arnold, Editor
You can also apply at www.lcni.com under Job Opportunities.
Notify your immediate supervisor and LCNI HR Director if making application. The deadline to apply is Friday, September 22, 2017.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER